Sunday, November 21, 2010

Perspective

Every once in a while, I get the feeling that I need to put things back into perspective. Some people take a walk, some people let out some aggression, and I... go back to really basic and simple things in the kitchen. Allow me to explain. 

A few weeks ago, I had come home from a really crazy day at work and I just wanted to forget that the day ever happened. It was one of those days where I just felt like nothing I'd done was productive or actually made a difference. So naturally, I came home... and whipped cream by hand.  

Now, while you may not think this is a big deal, may I suggest that you go and whip a cup of 35% cream with a whisk. Let me explain why this act is an excellent way to put your life back into perspective. The cream, while you whisk it, shows you that your efforts of adding air into the cream are actually doing something to change it's state. While your arms with throb, words cannot describe the wave of satisfaction that comes over you when that cream starts to look fluffy and delicious. Before you know it, your mind is so focused on the cream that nothing else matters and you know your world is back on track!!!!! There is something so humbling and wonderful about seeing your actions having a direct reaction. I'm telling you, I swear by this... 

Photo courtesy of Info Barrel
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I promise to have a new recipe post up soon :) 

Happy soon-to-be Monday! 

tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment