Saturday, July 10, 2010

A New Favourite Cookbook!

I'm completely aware that this post will not contain a recipe but I just couldn't resist posting. I was wandering through Costco today when I came across the most wonderfully amazing cookbook! It's Williams-Sonoma's Cooking from the Farmers' Market and I fell in love instantly (and not just the gorgeous cover art)!


As most of you know from previous posts, I absolutely LOVE farmers' markets, especially in the summer! All of the different produce and baked goods and amazing farmers just make it such an enjoyable experience. This cookbook takes all of the great qualities of a farmers' market and shows you how to make tons of variations on dishes while using these ingredients! Most importantly it's focus is on fresh, local and organic ingredients which I have definitely tried to start using more of. Whether it's homemade pasta or ice cream, it's such a pleasure to be able to pronounce absolutely everything that you're eating without needing to Google anything!

There are a few things that I want to try from this cookbook right off the bat: Beef and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry, Golden Cauliflower Gratin with Capers (though I may omit the capers), Mixed Garden Bean Salad with Shallots, Warm Beans with Lemon Vinaigrette and Blueberry-Vanilla Panna Cotta.

Tomorrow is Market Day at my house where I will most likely be heading over to the Burlington Mall Farmers' Market where some of my favourite vendors are. I have been discovering new ingredients, like the candy cane beets that I used to make a beet salad (check back for a post about those soon) and so many other delicious things. Hopefully, I will find some things to start trying these amazing things from this cookbook. I'll keep you posted! Maybe I'll bump in to some of you there (and by there, I mean... here!)




Happy Weekend and Happy Cooking!

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment