Friday, May 20, 2011

Chicken Piccata - Lemony Chickeny goodness at its best!

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but every Friday night we have a regularly scheduled dinner date with family friends of ours. G&C (as they are so well-known at our house) have truly become an extension of our family and weeks where we don't see each other just don't feel right! Beyond the great conversation and laughing till it hurts, G&C's visits allow me to play with some new creations and test out some new recipes that I've found. 

In this particular case, I decided to try another Ina Garten recipe. You all know my love of the Barefoot Contessa and this recipe was so easy and straightforward that I couldn't pass it up. So, I decided to try Ina's Chicken Piccata and it was delish! 

The recipe is pretty straight forward but I must say, I toned down the lemon juice additions by about half. I found that even with the amount I used, it was still very tart and as such I threw in about 1/8 cup of maple syrup (because I put it in EVERYTHING!). I would really recommend letting the sauce reduce significantly but I swear to you this dish is amazing!!! We used panko breadcrumbs and seasoned them mysefl. We served it with a huge amount of roasted broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes & beets and I swear just looking at this photo is making me want to rush out and make it right now.

I hope you guys have the chance to make this sometime. It's a quick and easy meal to prepare any night of the week and it always guarantees to be delish! 

Happy beginning of your long weekend!!!!!!! 

t

No comments:

Post a Comment