Sunday, May 1, 2011

Food Blogger-cide? Maaaybe! Deliciousness? Definitely!

I have decided to coin a new term: Blogger-cide... Pretty much the equivalent of blogger suicide. Perhaps I should even further clarify it by calling it Food Blogger-cide. Allow me to define this term for you:

Food Blogger-cide - noun - A crime committed by food bloggers when they forget to take both process and completed product food photos. The end result is typically a photo once the dish has been half devoured (sad sad shame!). 

Anywhoo... I have committed Food Blooger-cide. It was my birthday a few weeks ago (hurray for the big 2-5!!!!) and I made my own birthday cake. Now, before you start thinking or saying (I can hear you!!!!) "Oh that poor girl had to make her own birthday cake. Does she not have anyone who loves her who could have made her cake?", allow me to clarify that I had 2 people offer to make my cake, however I decided that I wanted to make my cake. I had been craving to make a cake for a while since I haven't had any cake orders over the last few months and this was the perfect opportunity for me to make a cake. 

I decided that Anna Olson's Banana White Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting was going to be the epic cake to celebrate my birthday with some family and friends. I learned the hard way that when making this cake (with 4 layers of cake - 2 x 9-inch cake pan with each cake cut in half) that 1 1/2 times the icing recipe is not enough... However if you find yourself in this bind, whip out some sliced almonds to cover up your slightly less than perfect cake sides. I was a little rushed while finishing the cake and the rest of the meal and welcoming guests that I accidentally forgot to take a picture of the cake before we cut into it. BUT I will recant my statement of total food blogger-cide for the simple fact that now that the cake is cut, you can see the layers and deliciousness in its glory! So here it is, I swear this recipe is delicious and will not disappoint! 



I hope you all have a wonderful week :)

Take care,

t

No comments:

Post a Comment