Sunday, October 16, 2011

Canada's Baking & Sweets Show

On October 1st, 2011, I attended the first ever Canada's Baking & Sweets Show! As per the show's website:

'Welcome to Canada’s Baking and Sweets Show – the first consumer show of its kind in North America dedicated to those who crave to experience everything that’s decadent and delicious.  It’s a one-of-a-kind event catering to baking enthusiasts and everybody with a “sweet tooth”.
Expect to see, smell, taste and savour the best offerings of Canada’s baking and sweets universe.'

This show was so much fun! The darling Jessica K (aka The Wedding Girl), her lovely sister, Olivia and I were there bright and early on the 1st just in time for the show's opening. We had a great time taking pictures and seeing not only the delicious things you could buy, but the cake competition as well as all of the different baking and cooking tools that you could buy!

This was the show's first time running, and I do think I speak for both myself and the Wedding Girl when I say that I hope that this show happens again next year and that it continues to grow in size and in the number of exhibitors. I think the show was especially exciting for Jess and I because it combined our absolute love of baking with our educational background in Special Events Planning.

The show really had quite a nice mix of vendors selling baked goods (especially for those with allergies and sensitivities), tools and services. I felt that there was a great balance and that the set-up of the show really allowed you to interact with the exhibitors without feeling too crowded.

I personally was drawn to the Golda's Kitchen booth as well as the Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionary Arts' booth! I have always loved going to Golda's and now I'm trying to find a way to save enough money to take a few classes at the Bonnie Gordon school!

Here are some photos of the delicious cakes that were found throughout the show.
Happy weekend! 
t

No comments:

Post a Comment