Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cornmeal Muffin HEAVEN!

I don't know if I've mentioned this in the past but I LOVE cornmeal muffins. My Dad used to buy them for me every once in a while and I'm pretty sure that's where the love affair began. It probably also doesn't help that when we used to vacation in Jamaica, they used to serve them every morning along with the most delightfully moist banana bread. Anyway,  I am always intrigued when I come across a cornmeal muffin recipe and tuck them away into my "try me one day" folder. However, the recipe that I came across at Blissfully Domestic claimed that these muffins were both moist AND delicious. How could I resist!?!?

So with a girls brunch coming up and all of us bringing something, I decided to give these muffins a try. Am I ever happy that I did!!!!!  They are super easy to make, they are moist and delicious and they keep well in a sealed container for upwards of a week. On top of all of this wonderfulness, I also got to use some of my cute cupcake liners (have I mentioned that I have a slight obsession with them? Well, I do!). And here they are, in all of their delicious and amazing glory! 


Featherlight Corn Muffins
by Gale Gand
  • 1 cup All Purpose flour
  • 1/2 C yellow cornmeal
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 C milk
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
  2. Grease or line 8 muffin cups. (**I doubled the recipe and ended up making a dozen regular muffins and a ton of minis too).
  3. Sift dry stuff together.
  4. Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl.
  5. Add a third of the dry stuff to the egg mixture, then a third of the butter, stirring gently just until incorporated.
  6. Repeat with remaining dry stuff and butter–don’t over mix.
  7. A little flour not mixed in at the end is fine (she says-but I always mix everything in, lol).
  8. Use an ice cream scoop, filling muffin cups half full.
  9. Bake about 15 mins, till risen, light golden brown, and firm to the touch.
  10. Let cool about 15 mins in pan.
Look how cute!!! I mean honestly!
The dry ingredients
The wet ingredients

Do not overmix. Just mix until things are just combined.
I used a mini-scoop for the small muffins
Hello! We're cute little bite-sized mini muffins!
All packed and ready to go to girls' brunch!
Hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment