Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day Baking Extravaganza

There is no hiding it. Not even if I tried. I LOVE CUPCAKES!!!! Even more than just loving cupcakes for the purpose of consumption, I adore making them! They're just so perfect and cute and little and there is nothing better than a simple swirl of frosting on top of them. 

My girlfriend, Kathryn, suggested that we make Valentine's Day cupcakes together yesterday so she could send some to school with her Mum this morning. While I was looking forward to a typical lazy Sunday of nothingness, I welcomed the idea thinking that I would whip up a batch of cupcakes and take them to work with me. While Kathryn wanted to make some very cute and fun cupcakes, I was on a mission to make a classically swirled cupcake with a twist. Ladies and gents, I have never made frosting that swirls two colours (intentionally) but am so glad I tried it. 

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, here are what products of our labourious afternoon :) Red Velvet Cupcakes (Martha Stewart's Recipe) with a twist - I threw in about a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips/chunks. 

My kitchen table during the crafting process











The boxed little bits of goodness


Kathryn's cupcakes - I LOVE the XO one!
I want to wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day and hope that you're spending it doing something you love with someone you love :) 

Happy Monday! 

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment