Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Very Hungry Caterpillar & A Very Happy Birthday Boy


I feel like it's been forever since I've posted something for a cake order that I've had! My little brother's birthday was in December (poor bug was born right before Christmas) and we postponed his birthday party until recently just so that the Christmas hullabaloo would be over and done with.

When chatting with a 6 year old about what they'd like their birthday cake to look like, your conversation can truly go in soooo many directions. Jordan loves Pokemon, Iron Man, Spiderman and all sorts of other things that I'm a little clueless on when it comes to cakes. However, I remembered coming across a post from the My Cake School Blog about making a Very Hungry Caterpillar cake out of cupcakes. It looked pretty straightforward and Jordan and I used to LOVE reading the book together. So truly this was a no brainer that this was the cake for him!

Start by arranging your cupcakes (including a larger one for the head) and frost random blobs across the gaps of the cupackes
Smooth the icing as best as possible and let it crust for 10 minutes before smoothing it with waxed paper.
Go a little crazy with the designs you include on each section and don't forget to add the chocolate chip feet!
Et Voila! Very Hungry Caterpillar Cupcake-Cake
The boy child truly enjoyed his cake! I mean look how excited he was with his buddies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment